Blogging, Not for the Faint of Heart
As it turns out, keeping up on a blog, working a full time job and attempting to be the best mommy is fairly time consuming. Naturally, the least important of these tasks has been- ahem- falling by the wayside.
But no longer!
Today, with 3 months left in the year 2015, I set myself this one goal:
Write 10 blogs of substance.
What do I mean by "of substance?" As much as I love a post filled to the brim of pictures of my child's chubby little cheeks, that is not a blog of substance. A blog of substance will make the reader laugh, think- hell- maybe even cry a little. It should express and original thought or concept and contain enough content to create complete idea.
But Julianne, if it's that easy, why haven't you been doing it?
Great question. Time is scarce, and I'll be honest, blogging hasn't been my top priority. Throughout my days as a Creative Writing Major (Yes, you read that correctly) I've put words to computer screen because I felt inspired or I was given an assignment.
As a 30 year old woman, I feel inspired by that 20 year college life. Since the wordsmith inspiration is coming slowly these days, I will also play the part of teacher. So below are 20 blog inspiration ideas. I'll cross them off as I complete. Wish me luck!
1. Health & Fitness for Busy People
2. Writing Style
3. My Passions & Ambition
4. Baby recipes
5. First Birthday Recap
6. Baby Birthday Party Planning
7. Surviving as a Social Media Mommy
8. Baby outings in SCV
9. Creating lasting friendships with a baby
10. Writers (or authors, teachers, industry leaders, philanthropists) who inspire you.
11. My Mommy Hacks
12. My biggest disappointments as a new mom
13. Share a goal and outline how you plan to achieve it.
14. A short fiction piece
15. My favorite Christmas Play List
16. Interview my mom and my mother in law
17. Interview Mommy Club (Stay at Home Vs Working Mom POV)
18. List of my best mommy moments
19. Review a mommy book
20. List of best Baby Books